Guam Behavioral Health and Wellness Center - PEACE Project
Phone: 1-671-477-9079 through 9083
Types of Services Offered: Counseling Services, Information & Referral, Medical & Health Services, Education & Training, Substance Abuse Services, Support Services
Category: Government Local
- Services Offered
- Hours of Operations
- Website & Social Media
- Images, Videos, and other Files
- Other Info
An island community empowered and committed to making healthy choices -- "Totally healthy, totally tobacco/alcohol/drug-free!"
GBHWC Prevention and Training branch uses SAMHSA’s Strategic Prevention Framework, a 5-step planning process to guide the selection, implementation, and evaluation of effective, culturally appropriate, and sustainable prevention activities. The effectiveness of this process begins with a clear understanding of community needs and depends on the involvement of community members in all stages of the planning process.
- Raise awareness about the effects of alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse on Guam;
- Prevent/reduce alcohol, tobacco and other drug use, including underage drinking;
- Promote alcohol-free, tobacco-free and other drug-free lifestyles;
- Reduce the harmful outcomes associated with alcohol, tobacco and other drug use;
- Build Guam's capacity and infrastructure for establishing and sustaining evidence based substance abuse prevention early intervention programs that are effective.
J & G Commercial & Professional Center Chalan Santo Papa St. Suite 203 & 204F, Hagatna, Guam
1-671-477-9079 through 9083
behavioral health, prevention, substance abuse prevention, training